Thursday, October 2, 2014

Mugs, Mugs, Mugs!

Anyone else having a rush on mugs these past couple of weeks?! I literally have almost sold out of all my mug supply! I am actually looking in my cabinets for more to see if there are any I want to sell from my personal collection!

Bought this Starbucks Sumatra Tiger mug at a yard sale for $4 over the summer and it went into that  "save for fall bin" and got forgotten about! I usually don't pay that much for mugs at yard sales ever but this one still had the price sticker on the bottom and was brand new. Sold about a week after I listed it for $30 giving me a profit after fees and shipping of $16!

 Bought this one at Value Village about 2 or 3 weeks ago for $3, it was my inspiration to get all my other ones out and get them listed, sold within a week for $35 with free shipping! Nice $22 profit after fees!

 Ariel I have had for a while, she's too cute and I figured Naomi would love it if she never sold. She sat for about 3 months with no activity. I lowered the price to $20 last week and she sold right away. I only paid 70 cents for her at a little thrift store so it was a decent $10 profit after shipping. It was a Disney Store mug, Disney Store is just one of those sure fire brands. It may sit for a while but worth the wait!

Here's another Disney item I have had for a while! This is Pocahontas' friend Meeko. I paid $5 for him at a consignment sale over a year ago for Naomi. She never played with him after the 1st day so I decided it was time to clean out and Meeko went to a new home this week for $19.95 with free shipping to California. Not a great profit on this since it wasn't really bought for resale in the first place but I'll take a couple of bucks profit on an item over donation any day!

How was your week? I'm busy listing costumes today; hopefully its a good week or two with those!

9 comments:

  1. Nice sales! I have a love/hate relationship with mugs. I love that they're usually cheap to buy and easy to list. But I hate the extra effort it takes to ship them. I much prefer plush. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kari! You too!! I am the same with mugs but they always tend to sell so well for me! I don't mind shipping them now that I do the bubble wrap, box, bubble mailer method. $5.35 to ship across country vs $9.80 is sooo much nicer!

      Delete
  2. Aw man! I have so many mugs listed on Ebay and on Bonanza and they're all $14.95 or less plus shipping and a couple are free shipping. No interest on any of them, but I did finally sell my Harley mug, thank goodness. I think I have to pay people to buy mugs from me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've become super picky on what I buy, I don't bother with the mugs that don't have places and names on them from Starbucks most of the time anymore unless they're new!

      Delete
  3. I have a cabinet of mugs with no interest either. Meeko was hands down my favorite disney character growing up

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats on your sales! I sold a few this week after not selling any in a long time. Hoping it's the start of lots of mug cha-chings. I have shelves and shelves to sell!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm hoping the last of what I have sells that would be sooooo nice!

      Delete
  5. I have an addiction to buying them I can't stop so I've had to teach myself to be super picky!

    ReplyDelete