Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Tuesday Treats! Oatmeal Raspberry Bars

Doesn't "Tuesday Treats" sound delicious? Not planning to do this every Tuesday but it does sound lovely so when I do a fun baking treat I'll try and post it on a Tuesday!


So today's treat was Oatmeal Raspberry Bars, simple and delicious, from my favorite food blogger Ree AKA The Pioneer Woman. She runs a wonderful blog where she highlights life on the ranch in Oklahoma and posts wonderful recipes (that are not always the healthiest) and awesome photography tips, tricks and inspiration. She's pretty much my idol. Anyway, Ree has a great new show on the Food Network on Saturday mornings that we all watch together as a family. I love the recipes and photography, Naomi loves the ranch animals and my husband loves all the new cooking ideas I get from her! Anywho, this recipe is from her show a few weeks ago, although technically they are called Oatmeal Strawberry Bars!

This recipe is super easy to make and is perfect to send in a lunch box as a treat, use as dessert, bring to a potluck or wrap individually for a bake sale! I guarantee there won't be any leftovers any way you go about it!

(Recipe from Ree Drummond off Food Network's Website)

Ingredients:
1 3/4 sticks of salted butter
1 1/2 cups of flour
1 1/2 cups of oats
1 cup packed brown sugar (pack it down hard, it will taste better!)
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 10-12 oz jar of preserves or jam - I used Raspberry, Ree used Strawberry, you can use whatever you like!

Directions:
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F
Butter a 9x13 baking dish
Mix together all ingredients except the jam. Press half the mixture into the prepared pan.
Spread the jam/preserves over the top of the pressed mix, I popped the jar in the microwave for a few seconds to make it more spreadable.
Sprinkle the other half of the oat mixture over the top and pat down lightly.
Bake 30 to 40 minutes and let cool completely before cutting into squares.

Finished product! Seriously tasty, thanks Pioneer Woman, you are still my hero!


On another note! I think we may have a crawler on our hands soon! Guess its time to start baby proofing...

No comments:

Post a Comment