Sunday, November 20, 2011

Calling all Bakers! CHEAP Butter at Fred Meyer!

Sorry I don't have a photo of my butter haul tonight because I am out of town but I just couldn't pass up this great deal on butter at Fred Meyer this week and I wanted to make sure everyone knows about it!

Buy 2 Challenge Butter, 1 lb: $3.00
- use weekly in-ad coupon to make it $2.00 each {Limit 2}
- stack with $.75 off 1 blinkie box coupon available at the butter
Final Price: $1.25/lb.
Since it is a limit of 2 per transaction/customer, take a buddy with you to the store and you can each buy 2.

My stock up price on butter is usually $2.00 per pound so to get it for $1.25 this close to holiday baking season is AWESOME! I generally go through at least 4 lbs of butter each christmas with all the different cookies I make!

Here is one of my new favorite cookie recipes, I have been told they are like little pieces of Heaven haha!

CREAM WAFERS

2 cup all-purpose flour
1 cup butter
1/3 cup heavy cream
granulated sugar

Mix flour, butter and cream into a dough and chill for an hour. Roll out half at a time to 1/8" thick and cut in 1-1/2" rounds. Carefully dip both sides of cookie in sugar and place on ungreased baking sheets lined with parchment paper. Poke with a fork 4 times and bake 7-9 min. at 375 F. When cool fill with filling and sandwich together.

Creamy filling:
3/4 cup powdered sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla (or other flavoring such as almond or peppermint)
1/4 cup butter
food color if desired

Mix all filling ingredients until smooth, add a few drops of water if needed.

No comments:

Post a Comment