Monday, May 23, 2011

My Almost Free Albertsons Trip Today!

We had 3 Albertsons Twice the Value coupons come in our Sunday paper this week! This means that you can pair this with any manufacturer coupon up to $1.00 and this coupon will double it! Since us up here in the Northwest don't have any stores that double coupons these come in very handy when we get them!

Since you can only use 3 "Doublers" per transaction, I split my purchase into two separate transactions. (I stopped by my store's customer service desk where they have a stack of the weekend ad on hand, hence the 2 sets of doublers!)

Transaction #1:
2 Boxes of Ronzoni Healthy Harvest Pasta - $1.00/box
1 Luna Bar - $1.00
1 Lawry's Marinade - on sale 10 for $10 ($1.00 each)
Sub-Total before coupons = $4
- used $1.00/2 Healthy Harvest Printables
- used $.50/1 Luna Bar coupon from 5/22 RP insert
- used $.50/1 Lawry's Marinade coupon from 5/15 RP insert
- used 3 Doublers (-$2)
Final Price: All 4 Items FREE!! Love seeing the register pop up with a big fat ZERO on the total line!

Transaction #2:
2 Bottles of Kikkoman Soy Sauce - $1.99 each
2 Bottles of Fuze bottled drink - $1.25 each
Sub-Total: $6.48
- used (2) $1.00/1 Kikkoman product Printable
- used $1.00/2 Fuze drinks coupon from the 4/3 SS Insert
- used 3 Doublers (-$3.00)
Final Price: $.48!
I got $.02 overage on the soy sauce so I made sure that I paired them in a transaction with an item that would not be completely free so that my overage didn't go to waste!

If these items are not something you need or would like some extra ideas on what to use your doublers on, my favorite extreme couponer, Coupon Connections has a HUGE list of items in her post!

**P.S. She has also just had confirmation that we will be getting doublers in our Sunday papers again this week! So next week should be another fun week of freebies!

No comments:

Post a Comment