Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Trader Joes: Cheap Basil Plants!


Check out the beautiful basil plant I picked up at Trader Joes this afternoon for only $2! I was super excited to see these so cheap because their usual price is $3.99. This is a FABULE$$ deal on fresh basil! I would recommend calling your store before going just to make sure that the pricing is good at every store.

I whipped up a large batch of my basil pesto sauce for a pasta salad dish that I am making for my grandpa's memorial service reception on Friday so I actually ended up buying two plants just in case one doesn't make it past my harvesting! (For some reason, I am not very good at keeping basil plants alive!) I did just find out though that as long as you keep the bottom two leaves on the stem that it will continue to grow and sprout new stems!

No comments:

Post a Comment