Thursday, April 22, 2010

Worth Reading: Running a Successful Yard Sale

Hello Everyone! Sorry I haven't been blogging much lately, I haven't been in a very bloggy kind of mood! Plus I am getting ready for a Fabule$$ girls trip to Las Vegas this weekend!

It's that time of the season again! I am starting to clear out my house of the massive amounts of clutter that somehow accumulate over the course of a year and hold our annual garage sale! We actually held two last year, one at my mom's house in Cashmere, WA in May and one large sale with all of our neighbors here in Kirkland in August with all the leftovers from the first sale + more and we made over $500 (not including everyone else that participated) from the sales!

The "Cul-De-Sac Sale" - August 2009



One of my favorite bloggers (MoneySavingMom.com) just did a great post about how to hold a successful garage sale HERE. If you are thinking of doing a sale this season while the weather is nice, I highly recommend reading this article!



I am a firm believer in stashing things away for garage sales and not throwing things away, this of course drives my husband NUTS! He hates it when he goes to throw an item out and I say, "WAIT! I will save it for the yard sale!" This being the yard sale that will take place 6 months later! Somehow by every spring I have saved and gathered enough items to hold another sale. I am planning on doing this year's over in Cashmere again in a few weeks so I have my work cut out for me!

Whats the most money you have ever made at a garage sale? Or if you have never had one, whats the best deal you have gotten at a garage sale?

No comments:

Post a Comment