Sunday, February 14, 2010

Happy Valentines Day!

Hope you all enjoy spending time with your sweeties today! My husband and I went out last night instead to avoid all the large crowds and hiked up prices at the nice restaurants.
This morning I made my two sweet hearts some fun pink, heart-shaped, chocolate chip pancakes for breakfast!

Recipe:
Prepare your normal pancake batter (This time I used Bisquick Healthy Heart.)
- 4 drops red food coloring to make them pink!
- add tsp. Vanilla extract
- 2 tbsp. ground flax seed (to add a little healthy goodness!)
- handful of chocolate chips (I find that it is easy to add a few to each pancake while they are on the stove before you flip them for the 1st time.)

To make the heart shapes you can cook them and then use a cookie cutter to make the hearts. Or if you have a metal cookie cutter you can actually use it as a mold for your batter. Just let the batter cook for a bit before removing the cutter so the retain their shape, it can get a little messy but it's worth it!

What fun things are you doing for your kids today?

No comments:

Post a Comment