Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Collaboration

Sometimes two really great and desireable companies will come together on a project to create a product for a limited time and it helps both of their businesses - remember the Target & Missoni sensation last year? When that happens its not only great for those businesses, its great for resellers in the long run. Finding these items used can be money in the bank!

Check out this great & in my opinion kinda ugly surf jacket that was made as a collaboration from Hurley & Pendleton a while back!


I found this little gem at the tiny thrift store in my hometown a while back for $7.00. I love that little thrift shop because not a lot of people go there, its very small so I can get through everything pretty quickly when I go and its very reasonably priced. Plus it supports locals in my community that need help with food.

I knew right away that I had something good because it had a Hurley label and a Pendleton label on it! Both of those brands are well known to be good resellers online so I grabbed it. Its pretty heavy duty too. Pendleton wool is the best of its kind and this jacket was very well made & in perfect condition.

I brougt it home and listed it up on eBay the next day for $75.00. I think I could have held onto it and listed it this month and maybe got $100 but I was looking for a quick sale at the time and I even lowered the price to $69.99 the next day in hopes that someone might snatch it. They did and off it went to, I believe, Kentucky! Some skater guy is going to be happy and warm this winter and I was very pleased with my very quick $63!

Moral of this story: Always be on the look out for collaboration projects by big brands or designers!

1 comment: