Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Happy Halloween!

 
Hope everyone has a HAPPY HALLOWEEN and a fabulous first week of November! We leave Saturday to soak up the rays in Kauai, do you think there's a Goodwill on the island?! I am such an addict!
 
And in the spirit of the Thrifty-ness of my blog; here's this years Halloween breakdown!

 
Miss Dorothy Gail from Kansas
Dress = Value Village for $2.99
Toto Candy Basket = Value Village same day $3.99
Ruby Slippers = Full Price at Target, Ouch $17.99!
They may be getting returned though because almost all the glitter is already off the toes and they've only been worn 1 day, not cool.


Hey we found Nemo!
Disney Store Nemo Costume = Craigslist find for $10!

Of course I'll be hanging on to these costumes after today and saving them for next season to re-sell. Nemo alone should bring in about $60 profit and if I sell the dress and basket together I should get between $15-25.

7 comments:

  1. I'm on Kauai! Where are you staying? We don't have goodwill, but we have Salvation Army, Habitat for Humanity, Humane Society and others. If I know which side of the island you are staying on, I could point you in the right direction. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh Yvette! Thanks I'm super excited now, gotta check em out! We are going to be in a house in Poipu but we will spend some time in Lihue and up north too! So excited haven't been back since we got married there 6 years ago, its my favorite island! :)

      Delete
  2. Lihue, Wailua/Kapaa, and Kilauea (if you can catch it up) have thrift shops. If you have an iphone, add the thriftbuddy app to your phone and you will find out which shops are near and be able to get directions. Have a great time!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kilauea on the north shore - I meant if you can catch it open. They only open three hours a day, but they have some really cool stuff and its affordable. I've only been there once because it's on the other side of the island for me, but I found a lot of resellable stuff (think $75 Dungeons and Dragons book for $1.50).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Yvette! I'm excited to get there and relax, I'm sure my husband doesn't count thrifting as "relaxing" but I do! Plus I'd much rather buy my "souveniers" at the SA than Hilo Hattie lol!

      Delete
  4. My 2 year old was Nemo this year. I love that costume. Everyone loved watching the tail (?) wag as she walked. I scored mine on the cheap for $8 too. Gotta live those types of finds. I think I might be able to get one more year out of it too before I sell it. Have a great trip!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Boy, would I love to write off the mileage to a Hawaiian Goodwill shopping trip!
    Have a great trip. Those costumes are soooo cute!!!

    ReplyDelete