Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Power Shop Tuesday!

Today was one of those kind of shopping days where everything falls into place. The deals are right, the stuff is in stock and my 3 year old was actually behaving! I had a very short window to pack in as much as I could so before I left the house I wrote out a list of the things I wanted to buy from each store and made paper clipped stacks of coupons to put in the front of my binder so I had them at the ready and didn't need to search for anything at the store. I still brought my binder and am glad I did because I did find a couple of extra items that I was glad I had my coupons for!

First Stop: Target



(2) Super Cute plastic Easter plates to save for next year (90% off Clearance!) - $.19 each!


(2) 1 qt. Bottles of Similac Sensitive Ready to Feed - on sale $3.84 from $6.85


(2) Aveeno sun care items - $9.89 Each (Receive $10 Target card wyb 2)


Sub Total: $27.84


- used (2) $3 off any Similac coupons from a coupon insert a couple of weeks ago


- used $2.00 off any Aveeno printable from my Recyclebank points


- used $1.00 off any Aveeno Active Naturals coupon from previous coupon insert


- used (2) $1.00 off any Aveeno Target coupons


Paid: $16.84 + tax OOP and received a $10 gift card for my next Target purchase!



Basically I paid $.84 each for the formula and $2.39 each for the sunscreens. I am hoping that I will be able to breastfeed my new baby but just incase I can't or if I need to occassionally supplement, I want to be prepared for as little $$ as possible.


2nd Stop: Rite Aid

Bought 1 Crest Pro-Health 4 oz Toothpaste - $2.99
- used $1.50 off Crest coupon from 5/1 P&G Insert
- used $1.00 +Up Reward from previous purchase
Paid $.77 OOP including tax, Received $2 +Up Reward for my next purchase!

I got PAID to buy this toothpaste!
I am not like those people on Extreme Couponing that have 1,000 tubes of toothpaste stockpiled; its unrealistic and I don't have the storage space! I have about 5 or 6 total. Toothpaste is one of those things that I can always get for free with coupons so I don't buy a ton of it when it's on sale, just 1 or 2 which is plenty for my family.

3rd Stop: Walgreens

1 Gillette Pro-Glide Razor system - on sale $9.89
2 Lysol Wipes - on sale B1G1 Free (or 2 for $3.59)
1 Puffs 100 ct. tissues - on sale $.99 with in-ad coupon
Sub-Total before coupons: $14.47
- used $5.00 off Gillette Razor from P&G home mailer (NLA but there was a $4 off coupon in the P&G insert this month)
- used (2) $1.50 off 1 Lysol Facebook coupon (sorry NLA)
- used $.50 off 1 Puffs coupon from the P&G home mailer
Final Price OOP: $5.97 + tax, Received $5 Register Reward coupon good toward my next purchase for buying the razor.

My husband uses an electric razor but because I essentially got paid $.11 for buying this razor I can give it to someone else who does use razors. I also paid only $.30 each for the disinfectant wipes and only $.49 for the tissues.

Plus I have $5 to use on my next trip! Ideally with sales like this I can buy something there next week that I can pay for with my Rewards and in return get more rewards, which only builds my savings and costs me nothing OOP for more products!



Our 4th and final stop for the day was: Safeway {I did 2 transactions}



#1


3 Hallmark cards - 1 for $1.99 & 2 for $1.49


Paid: $4.97 + tax OOP, Received a Catalina coupon for $5 off my next purchase!


(3 free cards!)



#2


Mission Tortillas (8ct.) - $1.49 with in-ad coupon


+ a few other random grocery items that I needed like egg noodles, bananas & cream cheese


I paid for my 2nd transaction with the $5.00 Catalina coupon from the 1st transaction!



The tortillas were cheaper at a different store this week (only $.99) but because I only had a certain amount of time & gas it isn't logical to go all the way to another store just to save $.49.

No comments:

Post a Comment