Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Super Savings at Albertsons!

Today is the LAST day of the HOT Quaker Oatmeal promotion and the last day to use the 3 doublers from the 1/31 Sunday paper. Naomi and I hit up our store on the way home from work this afternoon and look at all we got for only $7!

There were some reports around the blogosphere that most of the Albertsons stores had been informed by Quaker that the $1/1 Instant Oatmeal coupons were fakes so most stores were not accepting them. I printed all of my coupons directly from the Quaker website from as many computers as I could get my hands on so I knew that they weren't fraudulent. I thought, why not, I'll give it a shot and if they won't accept them then so be it. My store in Woodinville took all 5 with no questions asked! YAY! That means I got 5 FREE boxes of instant oatmeal!

Here is the rest of my transaction using the doublers:
Nestle Tollhouse Chocolate Chips x 4 - on sale 2 for $5
Skippy Natural Peanut Butter x 2 - on sale 2 for $3
Digiorno 200 Calorie Pizza - on sale for $3.00
Sub Total: $16
Used in-ad Skippy coupon for $1 off 2
Used 2 $1.00 off 2 Nestle Printables
Used 3 doublers
Used a Get One Free coupon for Digiorno from Kraft First Taste
Final Cost: $7.00 for 12 Items (including the oatmeal)!!

I have to admit my last few trips to Albertsons have not been pleasant. I seem to always get a cashier that hates coupons and the people that bring them in or I find unstocked shelves so I was not optimistic about this trip either. I was so happy with the outcome today and I think it is that I went to a different store than I usually do. The shelves were stocked well and the cashiers were very nice and willing to help out. I am going to shop at this new location from now on!

You still have time to get to your Albie's today to use your doublers! Leave a comment letting me know what you used yours on!

No comments:

Post a Comment