Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Budget Update: What I Spent Last Week

The first week of a new plan or project is always a little trying! This past week I decided to start using the envelope system for my family's grocery budget and it went "ok". By ok, I mean that I did only spend about $40 on our groceries for the week, but we also ended up eating out a lot last week.

Here is what I spent:
Whole Foods - $23.80 (Produce, Earth's Best kid food, Pirate Booty!)
Safeway - $2.96 (Kashi Cereal & a Bounce Dryer Bar)
Albertsons - $3.49 (basic grocery needs)
First Fruits, Wenatchee - $11.00 (Peaches for Naomi and 2 Fresh Peach Shakes!)

Total: $41.25 ($1.25 Overbudget) Plus, we ate out a few times and went to the state fair, which means it was kind of a bank busting kind of week.

For a family that has NEVER used a budget for groceries before it went pretty well, but I am still trying to figure out a way for us to both eat out less and spend less on eating in and out! I am going to keep the envelope system going and see if I can hammer it out somehow. I have also challenged my husband and I to eat in for the entire week. I'll update you next week to let you know how it went!

Feel free to comment with how you did this past week!

No comments:

Post a Comment